I’ve only recently taken a look at font retailerÂ FontShop‘s collection of educational typography ebooks despite having the site bookmarked for months. It’s a wonderful (yet small) collection, currently consisting of these five books:
- Meet Your Type: A Field Guide to Typography
- The Typographerâ€™s Glossary: Common Type Terminology
- Erik Spiekermann’s Typo Tips: Seven Rules for Better Typography
- Type Anatomy: A Primer of Typographic Terms
- The Right Font for the Job: Type Selection, Beyond the Look of the Letter
The online Typographer’s Glossary will no doubt come in handy for many, too. In fact, just click on everything they have under the heading ‘Type Resources’–it’s all great.