The fifth annual Tournament of Books is currently in progress. The tournamentâ€”dubbed the “battle royale of literary excellence”â€”pits 16 of the best novels published in the previous year against each other to find the winner of the coveted Rooster.
- 2666 vs. Steer Toward Rock
- Netherland vs. A Partisan’s Daughter
- The White Tiger vs. Harry, Revisited
- Unaccustomed Earth vs. City of Refuge
- Shadow Country vs. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
- The Northern Clemency vs. The Lazarus Project
- A Mercy vs. The Dart League King
- Home vs. My Revolution
The first five matches have already taken place (winners in bold), and a new match will be played every weekday in March. The ‘Zombie’ round brings two books back from the dead (two that were previously eliminated).