RSD’s Tyler gives us some tips for achieving periods of intense productivity by avoiding the ‘garbage in, garbage out’ problem (plus some comments):
- Remove the Internet from your house
A bit extreme for me, but limiting its use is undoubtedly a good idea.
- Remove television from your house
I don’t watch ‘broadcast’ TV anyway: it’s too mind-numbing.
- Eat more fruit (especially berries), vegetables, and clean meats
- Black out your bedroom and sleep in the pitch dark
Unbelievably great idea.
- Turn your cell phone off
My philosophy: my mobile phone’s for my convenience, not yours. I keep mine on ‘silent’ mode 100% of the time already.
- Recognise drama and avoid it
- When you do something fun, make sure it’s something you really enjoy
- Meditate for 20 minutes a day
I’ve never meditated before, but shall attend a Vipassana meditation course in the new year.
- Increase the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the brain through exercising
My eternal nemesis: exercise. My PodRunner routine will be starting again soon now that my shin’s healed.
- Read books that have the vibe that you want for yourself
This year, my reading habits have been excellent.