I recently watched all six hours of Commanding Heights; a great documentary that attempts to trace the rise of free markets during the last century, as well as the process of globalization. It acts almost like a primer on 20th century economics.
I have just re-discovered the PBS supplementary website for Commanding Heights and am suitably impressed with this information rich resource. It’s not without accolades:
- BAFTA for Best Achievement in Online Education
- One of Time Magazine’s Top 50 Websites of 2003
- Two nominations for the 2003 Webby Awards from the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (Best Practices and Best Broadband Site)
- I.D. Magazine’s 2003 Interactive Media Design Review; Bronze Winner
- 2002 Emmy Nomination (the only Web site nominated; interactive television)