One of the newer additions to my RSS reader is Plonkee Money – a site I found when searching for a US-UK personal finance translator. Plonkee’s UK-US comparison post is now a year old and is still visited regularly when I forget what a term means.
Roth IRA = Stocks and Shares ISA
Roth IRAs and Stocks and Shares ISAs are similar investments but there are significant differences in the rules in each scheme.
Being notoriously difficult to understand, Plonkee is now – in the build up to the new financial year – producing a comprehensive introduction to Stocks and Shares ISAs – a crucial item in your investment armoury. Whether you’re new to ISAs or fancy brushing up on your knowledge for the coming year, this is looking like an important read.
- part 1: all about you â€“ why you want to invest, and how much money you have to play with
- part 2: all about risk â€“ successful investing means always being able to sleep at night
- part 3: all about investments â€“ the types of investments that you can put into ISAs
- part 4: all about asset allocation â€“ how to decide which mix of investments is right for your ISA
- part 5: all about funds â€“ narrowing down your choices
- part 6: all about providers â€“ getting the best deal for the money
- conclusions â€“ whatâ€™s been covered, and what to do next