Hugh MacLeod shares a list of random thoughts on being an entrepreneur–a simple list of twenty-six inspirational titbits on business, positioning and success.
My favourite five:
- In a world of over-supply and commodification, you are no longer paid to supply. You’re being paid to deliver something else. What that is exactly, is not always obvious.
- People buy your product because it helps fill in the narrative gaps in their lives.
- You can either be cheapest or the best. I know which one I prefer.
- People will always, always be in the market for a story that resonates with them. Your product will either have this quality or it won’t.
- People remember the quality long after they’ve forgotten the price. Unless you try to rip them off.