As a natural follow-up to his Monetizing Your Web App article [previously], Dan Zambonini looks at user needs and what people are willing to pay for:
- Time: Convenience, Efficiency, Immediacy
- Esteem: Id, Desirability, Self-Image, Ego
- Belonging: Relationships, Sex, Affection
- Survival: Health, Safety, Wellbeing
- Financial Security: Wealth, Success, Career
- Entertainment: Emotion, Experiences
- Intellectual Stimulation: Creativity, Learning, Expression
I concur with this:
I highly recommend reading Kevin Kelly’s brilliantÂ Better Than Free article, where he discusses the concept of “Generatives”: non-copyable qualities that retain value in a digital age.
Those generatives:Â Immediacy, Personalization, Interpretation, Authenticity, Accessibility, Embodiment, Patronage and Findability.