The Periodic Table of Typefaces is a fantastic visualisation of 100 of the most popular, influential and notorious typefaces available.
Grouped by families and classes of typefaces ((sans-)serif, script, glyphic, grotesque, etc.), each ‘element’ lists the designer, the year designed and a ranking of 1 through 100.
Sites used to calculate the ranking:
- The 100 Best Fonts Of All Time
- Paul Shaw’s Top 100 Types survey
- 21 Most Used Fonts By Professional Designers
- Top 7 Fonts Used By Professionals In Graphic Design
- 30 Fonts That ALL Designers Must Know & Should Own
- Typefaces No One Gets Fired For Using