The Intrepid Mompreneur left a big law firm after 3 years to launch her own business; has left a marriage with two kids; and walked away from her own million dollar a year law business. Now she’s telling us how to know when it’s time to leave:
- The pain of staying is greater than the potential pain of leaving
- You are staying for the other person because it makes them happy (or you believe it does)
- The pain you are avoiding by not leaving is the guilt you’ll feel by leaving
- You’ve resigned yourself to a life without sex and decided your kids’ happiness is more important than your sex life
- You are staying because you “should” be happy, but you aren’t.
In 4, substitute “sex” and “kids’ happiness” for something more fitting to the situation you’re considering. The rest, I would keep the same.