The newly renamed Stepcase Lifehack has put up a great article succinctly describing 50 habits that you can start to make yourself more successful and – I think – happy.
Great advice, simply explained. Follow these and you can’t fail but improve your general well-being and productivity. Words of wisdom abound in Fifty Habits of Highly Successful People.
These are some I strive to live by every day:
7. They rarely complain (waste of energy). All complaining does is put the complainer in a negative and unproductive state.
8. They donâ€™t blame (whatâ€™s the point?). They take complete responsibility for their actions and outcomes (or lack thereof).
12. They are ambitious; they want amazing – and why shouldnâ€™t they? They consciously choose to live their best life rather than spending it on auto-pilot.
13. They have clarity and certainty about what they want (and donâ€™t want) for their life. They actually visualise and plan their best reality while others are merely spectators of life.
25. They have a plan for their life and they work methodically at turning that plan into a reality. Their life is not a clumsy series of unplanned events and outcomes.
27. While many people are pleasure junkies and avoid pain and discomfort at all costs, successful people understand the value and benefits of working through the tough stuff that most would avoid.
28. They have identified their core values (what is important to them) and they do their best to live a life which is reflective of those values.
30. They understand the importance of discipline and self-control. They are strong. They are happy to take the road less travelled.
31. They are secure. They do not derive their sense of worth of self from what they own, who they know, where they live or what they look like.
41. They donâ€™t need constant approval.
45. They have an off switch. They know how to relax, enjoy what they have in their life and to have fun.